Let’s face it. Men are hard on their skin, and it is important to give back to it…. You’ve got it for life. Below are 5 convincing reasons for men to get a customized facial by an esthetician.
1. Shaving causes irritation. No matter how often you swap out for a new razor, or what your foolproof technique is, shaving irritates skin. A facial can calm this irritation and even create a smoother surface for shaving.
2. Men spend more time outside and don’t think about SPF. Whether you’re mowing the lawn, driving to work, golfing or fishing, your skin is being damaged by the sun if you aren’t reapplying sunscreen every 2 hours. We’ve found that women are taught to be more concious of this and carry SPF with them, but men often forego the sunscreen. Sun exposure damages the skin and can really dry out the sensitive skin on the face and neck. Replenish that moisture with a hydrating facial to give back the moisture and help repair the top layers of the dermis.
3. Testosterone increases oil production. Men often have skin that is more oily. This can cause enlarged and clogged pores. During a facial, your skin expert will extract the excess oil, dirt and impurities from the pores to create a clearer complexion. This can also be a great part of a “Back Facial”, as pores become clogged and blemishes are common on men’s upper backs.
4. Taking care of your skin says something about you. Your face is the first thing people see when they meet you. A great complexion when you’re face to face in business meetings, going on a date, shaking hands with clients, or going to an interview can give you a boost of confidence.
5. It feels incredible. A facial is like a massage… for the face. You lie back and the esthetician will clean your face, extract impurities and then lightly massage in serums and treatments that are custom to your needs. We use those face muscles all day and it feels amazing to feel them relax while your skin is receiving much needed hydration. Your skin will feel and look lifted, tightened and toned.
Everyone wants to age gracefully, and facials can help you do just that. Skin is the largest organ, and often we forget that it needs maintenance if we want it to function properly. Let’s admit it, there’s something noticeable about men who have great skin and a confident attitude. Take care of your skin and it will take care of you.